My memorable moments from 2013:
– Speaking at my first academic conference, the SSHRC congress in Victoria
– Buying a car at a yard sale and road tripping back from Van with the lovely Mari
– Buying my first sailboat with Sebastian
– Beginning my MA program, and being faced with the possibility that I’m not as smart as I thought I was.
– Happy moments spent with friends who I see far less than I would like.
My goals for 2014:
– Nail down my thesis for my MA, and get a good start on it.
– Start a business (details to come in January)
– Get that boat in the water
– spend more time with the people who I care about
– carve a little space out for myself in this world.
Thank you all, dear readers, for following me on this journey. I appreciate the conversation, feedback, criticism, and debate. Facebook has become for me a way of connecting with people – some of you I’ve never met, some just once or twice. But I appreciate this connection.